New York City is one of the most popular cities in the whole world. It is the heart of North America and known to be a commercial and cultural hub with people coming from different parts of the world every day. Many come to New York to follow their dreams but others come to have a goodtime in this wonderful city. New York is considered to be a man made tourist attraction and people come here to appreciate the lively nature and the entertaining aspects associated with this city.
There are many spots and destinations in New York which are popular among the visiting tourists and travelers. Here is a list of the top ten most visited destinations in New York.
10. Museum of Modern Art – The museum of modern art holds a cultural importance to the city of New York. Its construction dates back to the early 20th century. It is popular for having an attractive collection of modern arts.
9. Metropolitan Art Museum – This museum is popular for its wide collection of art work which has been gathered from all over the world. This is another cultural reserve situated in the city of New York.
8. Central Park – This is situated right at the center of Manhattan in New York and hence the name. This public park holds a special significance and is considered as a landmark since 1963. It has a record of having the maximum number of visitors in an urban park in the United States.
7. American Museum of Natural History – This was inaugurated in the year 1869 and since then this place has evolved for the good. It has a Rose Center planetarium and also showcases some new display each time. Hence this place has a surprise element attached to it for the viewers.
6. Staten Island Ferry – This can turn out to be really exciting visit as there is a provision of free ferry rides for all the visitors and tourists who are willing to catch a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty and the harbor. This ride takes one from Manhattan to all the way down to Staten Island.
5. Ellis Island Immigration Museum –This place has got all that you will ever need to know about the immigrants and their experiences. It takes you to tour around the entire place full of demos and exhibits revealing the difficult life faced by the immigrants.
4. Rockefeller Center – This is situated in Manhattan and is well known all around the world for its famous Ice skating, Radio City music hall and the Christmas tree.
3. Grand Central Terminal – This place offers a plethora of varieties to the visitors. It is much more than being a hub for transportation. This place has undergone many renovations since its start in the year 1913.
2. Statue of Liberty –You cannot miss the world acclaimed Statue of Liberty. It stands as an expression of freedom and love to all those people who move to the United States in search of a great life ahead.
1. Empire State Building – This stands as an emblem of the city’s strength and power. You can get the view of the entire city and high rise buildings once you are at the top of this skyscraper.