Most people dream of exotic places when comes to holiday destinations. It’s no wonder why. Who wouldn’t like to relax on a beautiful beach and enjoy crystal clear waters? A place you can opt for is Costa Rica. There are so many things you can do here, many volcanoes to hike, miles of stunning beaches as well as plenty of wildlife spotting. If you haven’t been there yet, then here are 10 places you should see when visiting Costa Rica for the first time.
1. Thrill-seekers should definitely give Volcan Arenal a try. Still, you have to go there by day to see its beauty. When the smoke clouds above disappear, you can admire the volcano and its almost perfect conical shape. By night, the whole picture changes as Arenal shows its true power through constant eruptions of hot lava and flaming rocks.
2. Looking for a hippie beach town where you can relax, sleep, enjoy the beach and sun? Well, there’s such a place in Costa Rica and is called Montezuma. Located at the tip of the Península de Nicoya, this beach is that sort of place that makes you give up the idea of ever leaving it. If you choose this place as your first-stop in Costa Rica, then there are great chances for you not to get to see the other 9 ones as Montezuma will surely mesmerize you.
3. If you’re into trekking at high altitudes and you like to spend time in nature, then Monteverde and Santa Elena is where you have to go. This is where the whole ecotourism movement began in Costa Rica. Give the place a try and you’ll surely not regret it.
4. Mal Pais and Santa Teresa is where you get the country’s best surf. The place has become popular among adventure travelers and surfers around the world. Moreover, according to Forbes Magazine, the beaches in Mal Pais and neighboring Santa Teresa are among the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. That sounds like the place really deserves a try.
5. Enjoy splendid panoramic views of the Carribean Sea and the Pacific Ocean by reaching Costa Rica’s highest peak, Cherro Chirripó. Though enjoying this visual feast isn’t that easy as you’ll have to get ready to endure all the way to the top, the views you’ll get from there make every step worth taking.
6. A place that has it all is Manuel Antonio which is the most famous national park in Costa Rica. You can admire the wildlife here or you can just take a walk along the palm-fringed shores.
7. Great place for adventure seekers is the tiny town of Turrialba in Central Valley. The surrounding area is where you can get the most-intense water-rafting experience in Central America.
8. First-timers should also see Parque Nacional Tortuguero. Explore the beautiful coastal wetlands and the pristine jungle of this eco-destination from your own canoe. Let the waterways help you discover the hidden wildlife and your experience here will definitely be memorable and unique.
9. If you’re going to Costa Rica with your family and you’re in search of a quiet yet sophisticated place, then a great option would be Playa Samara. Considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica, Playa Samara is home to powder-white sand, trendy cafes and restaurants as well as turquoise seas. Just the perfect place to enjoy your holiday.
10. Taste the Real Costa Rica by visiting Puerto Viejo and you’ll definitely have the best time of your life. If you’re into reggae a lot and everything that has to do with the Afro-Carribean culture, then this is the place to go. Just enjoy the spice-rubbed jerk chicken, the coconut-scented rice and the reggae beats.